- Swiss National Science Foundation, Data Scientist
Exploring and analyzing data to support evidence-based science policy decisions in Switzerland.
- Ecole Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne (EPFL), Postdoctoral Researcher
2012-Present (part-time since 2014)
Lead developer for the NeuroMorph Toolkit, in collaboration with neuroscientists in the BioEM Facility and the Computer Vision Laboratory, to aid in the large-scale analysis and visualization of 3D brain imagery.
- University of Maryland Applied Mathematics & Statistics, and Scientific Computation, Doctoral Research Assistant
Explored deformation and illumination insensitive object recognition algorithms based on measuring dense 2D morphings between deformable objects such as faces and medical imagery.
- Johns Hopkins Applied Physics Lab, Research Intern
Developed a dynamic patient-specific computational model of the human heart to aid in surgical planning, and prototyped an object pose estimation algorithm for decentralized camera sensor networks.
- University of Wisconsin Mathematics Department, Teaching Assistant
Classroom instruction and planning for Calculus I & II, Multivariable Calculus, Differential Equations.
- The Boeing Company, Research Intern
Developed spline-based CAD/CAGD software with the Geometry and Optimization Team to aid in preliminary vehicle design with a focus on physics-based surface optimization.
- Ph.D., Applied Mathematics
& Statistics, and Scientific Computation
University of Maryland, College Park,
Maryland, USA, July 2012
Supervisor: Professor David Jacobs
- Visiting Doctoral Student, Center for Mathematical Studies and their
Supérieure de Cachan, Paris, France, January-July 2010
- Master’s Degree, Mathematics (Applied and Computational)
University of Wisconsin, Madison, Wisconsin,
USA, May 2007
- Bachelor’s Degree, Mathematics (Computer Science Concentration)
Cornell University, Ithaca, New York, USA,
- International Baccalaureate Diploma
Interlake High School, Bellevue, WA, USA,